Monday, August 3, 2015

50 Year Flashback - August 3rd, 1965

Sonny and Cher are hot this week in Hartford, CT ... in addition to having the #1 Record with "I Got You Babe", they each have solo hits on the chart as well ... Cher shares (cool!) the #4 spot with The Byrds with her version of the Bob Dylan tune "All I Really Want To Do" ... and Sonny's holding down the #39 spot with his solo shot "Laugh At Me".

The Pop 14 (they were 1410 on the dial after all) also includes The Rolling Stones, Tom Jones, The Dave Clark Five, Peter and Gordon, Petula Clark and The Beatles ... nearly HALF the chart is dominated by British Invasion Artists again!

I've got a couple of favorites a little lower on the list ... Lesley Gore's "Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows" comes in under two minutes but still hooks you right away.  Chad and Jeremy's "I Don't Wanna Lose You, Baby" is one of my all-time favorites by them ... and "A Little You" is a GREAT, overlooked Freddie and the Dreamers tune.